This tutorial explains how to fix Windows update error code 0x800705b4. Recently I updated this tutorial and I will do my best for you to understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800705b4. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800705b4
Windows updates are essential for the system to avoid glitches and errors. They bring new features, improvements, bug fixes and security patches that protect against various threats and vulnerabilities. However, while installing updates, Windows users often encounter error 0x800705b4, sometimes referred to as Windows update error 0x800705b4. Error 0x800705b4 is a hexadecimal data format that appears in the Windows system when the system is infected with viruses or malware, Windows system files are corrupted, Windows updates are corrupted, or there is registry errors.
Additionally, error 0x800705b4 can also occur when there is a problem with Windows Defender software crashing due to error 0x800705b4. Whatever the reason, the consequences of error 0x800705b4 can be catastrophic for your system and data. Therefore, it is important to take immediate and proper action to fix error 0x800705b4. In this blog post, we will introduce step-by-step solutions that you can use to fix error 0x800705b4 quickly and without data loss.
How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800705b4
- Run a virus scan. Windows errors can sometimes be caused by malicious software such as viruses and malware. Running a scan might resolve this issue. If you don’t have one, install an antivirus application and run it.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Windows troubleshooters are a great way to find out what’s wrong with a system. Even if a troubleshooter doesn’t fix the problem, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
- Reset Windows Update. It could be that a particular component of the Windows Update process has gone wrong for some reason. There is an automated script you can run (download the script from Microsoft). If you prefer, run the update process manually.
- Run a System File Checker scan. Another way to potentially fix this update issue is to run a File Checker scan. A single command can activate it: sfc /scannow. There are also other sfc commands worth learning if you are interested in the versatility of this tool.
- Run a DISM scan. Run a Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) scan. This method is less likely to solve the problem than the previous methods. However, it’s easy to do and can cover some potential issues, including Windows update errors.
- Change Windows Update settings. An unnecessary Windows component in the update may prevent it from downloading. Focusing only on Windows essentials could prevent this. If you turn off automatic Windows updates, turn them back on after fixing the problem. This way you won’t miss critical security updates.
- Disable anti-virus software. Only try this if you have tried everything.
- If you have Avast Antivirus, disable it temporarily (or permanently, if you wish).
- If you have AVG, it’s easy to disable your antivirus.
- If you use Malwarebytes, use their own guide to disable real-time protection.
- If you have Norton Antivirus, disable it temporarily or permanently.
- If you use McAfee, disabling antivirus is easy.
- If you are using another antivirus client, please check the official site to see if there is a guide on how to do it. If not, check the taskbar. You may be able to disable the client from there.
Final Notes: How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800705b4
Hope you understand this article, How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800705b4. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.