Pangu Team has released their latest creation, a jailbreak tool that opens iOS 9 on iPhone 4s and later to mods, tweaks, and apps not found on the App Store. Just like previous versions, the free software brings tetherless jailbreaking to compatible devices with a streamlined process. While the procedure itself is straightforward, some preparation is required to ensure that Pangu 9 is working properly.
Mac users click here to jailbreak iOS 9 with Pangu for OS X.
Pangu is compatible with all iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 / 5c / 5s, iPhone 6/6 +, iPhone 6s / 6s +, iPod touch, iPad mini, and iPad devices running iOS 9. To ensure success, follow these instructions for jailbreaking iOS 9:
1. As recommended in all of the how-to jailbreak tips, start by BACKING UP your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud.
2. After the backup is complete, make sure your iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, or other iOS device is updated to iOS 9.0.2. Check the current firmware version under Settings -> General -> About -> Version.
NOTE: If you have previously updated to iOS 9 over-the-air (OTA), you need to RESTORE to the latest version of iOS using iTunes before jailbreaking. Those who have updated using iTunes on a computer can proceed with the jailbreak steps below.
3. Download the latest version of the Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 9.0-9.0.2 direct from Pangu Team.
4. On your iOS device, turn off Passcode Lock and Find My iPhone, then turn on airplane mode:
– Go to Settings -> Passcode -> Deactivate passcode. You will need to enter your password twice.
– Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone -> Find My iPhone -> OFF (gray slider).
– Settings -> Airplane mode -> ON (green cursor)
5. Make sure your iPhone is connected to the computer using a USB cable. Unlock the device and tap Trust if the dialog appears.
6. Right click on the Pangu program icon and select Run as administrator. Click Yes if prompted by Windows User Account Control.
7. In the Pangu application, click on the “Start” button and then click on “Already saved”. Please be patient, do not unplug the iOS device during the jailbreak process! Your iPhone will restart during the process.
8. When Pangu prompts you on the computer, unlock the iOS device and re-enable Airplane mode.
9. Pangu will then provide more instructions to follow. When prompted, unlock iPhone and run the Pangu app on the iOS home screen.
ten. In the Pangu app, press the “Accept” button. Press “OK” in the dialog box indicating that Pangu wants to access your photos.
11. The iOS device will restart. When done, turn off airplane mode and then tap the Cydia icon on the home screen to launch the jailbreak app store. Cydia will configure the file system.
The iOS 9 device is now jailbroken. Find out how to purchase and install Cydia settings with this guide.