Update: Pangu 9 for Mac has been released. The steps for jailbreaking are exactly the same as for its Windows counterpart, which are outlined below.
Pangu 9 iOS 9 jailbreak tool supports all devices that can run iOS 9 up to iOS 9.0.2. Here is the full list of them:
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iphone 5s
- iphone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iphone 4s
- iPad Air 2
- ipad air
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- ipad 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 1
- iPod touch 5 and 6
Supported Firmware Versions
As we mentioned above, Pangu 9 supports iOS 9 up to iOS 9.0.2.
- iOS 9
- iOS 9.0.1
- iOS 9.0.2
Important things to note before you begin
1. Make sure your device is freshly restored to iOS 9.0.2 and it should not be an OTA update. You can download the latest mobile firmware by going here: Download: iOS 9.0.2 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch – IPSW Direct Links.
2. Your device should be charged well over the 50% mark.
3. Turn off Bluetooth and disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone (if you have one).
4. Disable Touch ID & Password by going to Settings> Touch ID & Password. Press the option “Deactivate the access code” to deactivate it.
5. Turn off Find My iPhone. Go to Settings> iCloud> Find my iPhone and move the “Find my iPhone” switch to the OFF position.
6. Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your Windows PC or Mac. You can download iTunes by going to apple.com/itunes.
7. Make sure to backup all your data using iTunes or iCloud: How to Backup iPhone, iPad Using iCloud, iTunes.
8. Activate Airplane mode when you have finished following the above steps.
9. If iTunes starts up on its own during the entire jailbreak process, DO NOT close it.
If you have successfully completed the above prerequisites, follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 9 using Pangu 9.
IOS 9 Jailbreak with Pangu 9 – Tutorial
2. Before launching the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool, right click on its icon and then click âRun as administratorâ.
3. Connect your device to your Windows or Mac PC using the supplied USB cable. Make sure your device is in Airplane mode well in advance.
4. Click on the ‘Start’ button of the Pangu 9 tool.
5. You will be asked to back up your device. Click on ‘Already saved’ to continue.
6. The tool will now begin to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
7. Your device will restart several times and you will be prompted to put your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch back into Airplane mode. Do it when prompted.
8. When all this is done, the tool will ask you to run the Pangu app from your device.
9. Press the âAcceptâ button as shown in the screenshot below. Grant access to the photo library when prompted. Your device will restart once more, so let it happen.
10. You will see a âJailbreak Completeâ message in the Pangu app to confirm that the jailbreak was successful and actually ended.
11. Once you have restarted in the home screen, simply launch Cydia.
That’s it, it’s over !
We strongly recommend that you wait for the developers to update their settings to iOS 9 – 9.0.2 before proceeding with an installation spree.